Sunday, November 4, 2012

Laura Cover Playboy Playmate October 1998

*Laura Cover* is the *Playboy Playmate* for October 1998. Before Laura Cover
became our Miss October, she had never modeled or even considered it. But to
everyone around her, it's apparent she has an exceptional presence. Within
minutes of sitting down at a Sunset Plaza restaurant, we are interrupted by a
smooth-talking Russian woman offering to connect Laura to a modeling agency.
Although raised in Bucyrus, Ohio, our Playmate (who now calls Newport Beach,
California home) is skeptical and doesn't give out her home number.
/Playboy: How often does that happen?/ Laura: In Los Angeles, it happens a
lot. I think it's pretty typical for a 21-year-old blonde. I try not to be
totally dismissive, but I don't trust anybody either. I don't think
anyone should. That's why there are pagers. /Playboy: How did you come to
be in Playboy?/ Laura: I just walked into the studio, which I'm told is
kind of unusual. I don't have modeling experience. I didn't have any nude
stuff, and I didn't want to go get some from Joe Photographer. I went to
the Playboy studio by myself one day. They have an open call and you have a
Polaroid taken. /Playboy: How do you react when you realize people find you
beautiful?/ Laura: It's been hard for me. I was a tomboy. I did gymnastics
and played soccer in high school. After graduation, I became more feminine. I
think there's something neat about that. It's just a matter of how far
you want to use it. If you get too caught up in it, you lose who you are. But
I will always be true to myself. / Playboy: Are you tight with your family?
What has been their reaction to your appearance in Playboy?/ Laura: I am
pretty close with my family. I have a Christian background. Bucyrus is a
small town. I'm really close to my mother. She's in Phoenix now, and
she's cool with my being in Playboy. The rest of my family doesn't know
yet. /Playboy: We understand you're estranged from your dog./ Laura: Yes,
Echo, a white boxer. An ex-boyfriend got me that dog — but at an
inappropriate time. So here's this poor dog, who I love to death, but I'm
in class most of the time, and basically it just stays at my ex' house. The
dog is doing great. Unfortunately, I have to go through my ex-boyfriend to
see it, which is a pain in the ass. It's sad. /Playboy: Tell us about your
charity work./ Laura: I'm involved in a couple of things. One is a breast
cancer foundation — my mom is an RN. I've had a Christian Children's
Fund child, Bernabe, for two years. He is from Guatemala. He's three, not
old enough to write — sometimes I get letters that his sister writes.
It's my way of making a contribution. /Playboy: Do you find this period of
your life exciting or scary?/ Laura: It's neat. But I do get anxious about
what I am doing. But you have to let it happen and enjoy it. Laura Cover Bio
Name: Laura Cover Birthplace: Bucyrus, Ohio Bust: 34C Waist: 23″ Hips:
34″ Height: 5′ 5″ Weight: 113 lbs Ambitions: To be successful at my
chosen path, marry the man of my dreams and have lots of babies. Turn-Ons:
Confidence, intelligence, a great sense of humor, and the scent of vanilla.
Turnoffs: Dirty ears, protruding nostril hair, B.O., prejudice, and
disrespect. I'm A Sucker For: Banana milk shakes, Werther's candies and
puppy dogs. Fondest Memory: 21st birthday, St. Thomas vacation filled with
sunny days, sandy beaches and my mom. A Great Day Always Starts With: A
hearty breakfast and a kiss from someone special. Words To Live By: –Life
is short – work hard, always have fun, and never take love for granted! See
all of Laura Cover's hot nude photos inside the Playboy Cyberclub. Join
Laura Cover at Playboy