Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Ginger Harrison Playboy’s Arresting Officer

Back in July 2001, *Playboy* came across one of LAPD's most beautiful
patrolwoman. Los Angeles police officer *Ginger Harrison* has a
predisposition for taking a bite out of crime. Her father and grandfather are
both retired FBI agents, and her uncle is a policeman. "I guess that's
how I kept on the straight and narrow," she says. This 28-year-old Michigan
native, a self-proclaimed tomboy, moved to California when she was 19 and
intended to follow in her father's footsteps by joining the FBI. A hiring
freeze brought her to the LAPD, and the six-year veteran now patrols the
Foothill Division of the San Fernando Valley. "There have been times when
I've rolled up to a shooting in progress," she explains. "I've been
in situations with people fighting all around me, and all of a sudden shots
are being fired. You don't know where they're coming from, so all you can
do is duck and wait until they stop so you can get your bearings. I've
chased guys over walls, tackled them and taken them into custody, but I've
been lucky not to have had to shoot anybody yet." See more Playboy Specials
inside the Cyberclub