Thursday, July 14, 2011

Colleen Shannon Playboy Playmate January 2004

*Colleen Shannon* is the *Playboy Playmate* for January 2004. The exhaustive
search for our 50th Anniversary Playmate took us all over North America, as
we feverishly collected test shots of nearly 10,000 hopefuls. This Miss
January not only needed to shine alongside the classic beauties of
Playboy's past but also had to represent the ideal for the next half
century of Centerfolds. Colleen moved to California 10 years ago after a
childhood spent on one of Alaska's tiny Aleutian Islands. "I lived on a
fishing boat while my dad built a beautiful house for us on Pelican Island,
where about 300 people live," she says. "There were no cars, no fruit —
we had to drink Tang and powdered milk. It was wild." Though Miss January
now resides in more cosmopolitan Los Angeles, she hasn't necessarily given
up the wild life. You may recognize Colleen from music videos by Crazy Town,
Blues Traveler and Smash Mouth. She also keeps the music pumping as a DJ
spinning at L.A. clubs and as a guest DJ at events like MTV's spring break
special in Cancún. "A few years ago my boyfriend at the time gave me a
hundred records, and I borrowed my friend's turntable and started playing
around," she says. "Music is the only thing that has ever given me chills
through my body. I change my style every year, so I don't specialize in one
type of music. I've done hip-hop, jungle, disco, reggae and techno. There
are so many different ways you can blend music. If you feel it, the people on
the dance floor are going to feel it." Colleen is taking psychology
classes, and in her spare time she likes to wakeboard and snowboard or comb
vintage record stores to add to her formidable vinyl collection. She's got
the beat, and she wants her men to pick it up, too. "If a guy doesn't
like music, it kind of puts a damper on things," she says. "It's nice
to sit in someone's room and play records for a guy who is going to like
them. I'm looking for a man who is fun and spontaneous — someone who
won't take me out on a date and make me think about where to go. I like a
man with a plan, for sure." As the 50th Anniversary Playmate, Colleen's
plan is to keep dancing to her own rhythm. "Everyone is put here to do
something," she says. "Your subconscious tells you the things that you
love to do, but a lot of people put those things aside. I think if you stick
to the things you love, nine times out of 10, circumstances are going to go
your way and you will live a happy life." Colleen Shannon Bio Name: Colleen
Shannon Birthplace: Alaska Bust: 34C Waist: 25 Hips: 34 Height: 5′ 2″
Weight: 107 lbs Ambitions: To challenge my creativity through art, film,
music and photography. Turn-Ons: Vinyl, positivity, supportiveness, artistic
abilities, good sense of humor. Turnoffs: CDs, negativity, a bad kiss. Five
Cds I Don't Go To Work Without: I make my own special mixes with music
ranging from tricky, punk rock, Led Zeppelin and Basement Jaxx to various
hip-hop and reggae artists. If I Had More Time, I Would: Lock myself in my
room and spin records. Favorite Foods: Sushi, pizza, candy. The Most Unusual
Place I've Had Sex: A lady never tells…. A Person I'd Love To Meet:
Jennifer Lopez. See more of Colleen Shannon nude inside the Playboy Members
Area. Join Colleen Shannon at Playboy